Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blossoms

Early this morning I took my tea out to the garden to have a look. The grass was dewy, the light was soft, and the sweet fragrance in the air was exhilarating. It seemed like everything was in bloom -- the fruit trees, the citrus trees, the roses, and the wisteria covering the pergola and the arbor. Not much to say here except admire the beauty.

 Beverly Hills Apple: deep pink buds open to reveal pale pink petals.

Blood Orange: creamy white from bud to blossom.

Meyer Lemon: fuscia buds open to white petals.

Wisteria: deep purple from bud to blossom in grape-like clusters.

Margaret Merril: a beautiful old-fashioned peachy-white floribunda rose with a 
luscious fragrance that blooms all season long.



3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Merrill!
    Thank You for posting these as they really brighten my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I am coming in mid April. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowabunga!

    What a colorful back yard for gambolling. I particularly adore Margaret Merril, especially its poetic description, which rolls off the tongue so easily - "peachy-white floribunda rose with luscious fragance....." Close my eyes and I can see and smell the fragance.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete