Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Welcome to Flower Buds

I guess I just had to do it eventually, and I will blame it all on Facebook. Because in the end, Facebook just wasn't enough. FB is great if all you want to share is a single thought at a time, a mere snippet of what's going on in your life. And forget Twitter, which I haven't attempted yet because I'm not sure I could limit my statements to a simple headline. I can hear my high school English teacher's voice now, counseling me to be succinct and stay focused on the topic sentence. I can also hear my own magazine editor's voice challenging my writers to tighten up, edit out the fluff, and pay attention to the word count.


Write tight: an honorable goal, and an excellent training tool for writers of all stripes. But I've been yearning for another forum for my thoughts and opinions, and so I finally created this little blog to let me spread my wings a bit more. Here is where I will post about my garden, my successes and foibles in the kitchen, my life in this bucolic California valley, and the friends that contribute to my happiness. "Flower Buds" will not be limited to floral phenomena; they will also include the new and promising things and people I discover along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment